Events access groups are a new way of controlling which events admin portal users can access. This feature combines a number of existing restrictions on your users into one place. It combines the properties of the user, their role, and 'Departments' feature so that you can create groups of users who access groups of events.
Can I keep using departments?
The “Event Access Groups” feature replaces the “Departments” feature. It will enable you to have more flexibility in reflecting your organizational structure in your Eventsforce account. This is what will happen to your users:
- A user with “All event access” and no set Department - Added to the group “*All events*”
- A user with “All event access” and a set Department - Added to the group “[Department name]”
- A user without “All event access” and a set Department - Added to the group “[Firstname Lastname] - event group”
- A user without “All event access” and no set Department - Added to the group “[Firstname Lastname] - event group”
- Where two users have the same name, the group names will be numbered e.g. “John Smith (2) - event group”
How do I find out what department users had?
This report will output the former Department information:
- Go to Reports > Reports
- Select “+” to create a new report
- Select “People” as the data source
- Add the filter; “isBackEnduser” = 1
- Add columns for the following; "Firstname", "Lastname", "Email", "Department", and "Person ID"
- Click "Save", then run the report