Push notifications are the best and quickest way to engage your attendees. These notifications will appear within the app and, if enabled, the device’s notification center and lock screen.
A push notification message has two parts:
- Subject - shows when the notification displays on the device and in the notification list
- Message - shows when the user opens the message
Ensure the "Push Notifications" module has been enabled.
Sending a push notification
First, check that the "Push Notifications" module is active within the Design Manager & Theme tile. Read more about how to activate and deactivate modules in the MCM.
- From the MCM dashboard, select "Push Notifications" from the left hand menu
- Enter the subject of the message (100 character limit)
- Enter the message (no character limit)
- To send the notification immediately, click "Send Notification"
- To schedule the notification, select the "Schedule this notification" checkbox and specify the date and time, based on the 'Location Time Zone' specified in the setup
- You can view sent notifications and edit or cancel scheduled notifications in the list at the bottom of this page
- If no time zone has been set, push notifications will not work. To check this, click on the "Event Setup" tile in the MCM dashboard