When asking reviewers to grade abstracts, a reviewer with multiple abstracts assigned may neglect to complete all their assigned reviews. Failure to return to finish the reviews can lead to having incomplete reviews.
As an event manager, you can send an ad hoc reminder email to reviewers with incomplete reviews. Before sending the email, please ensure that you have set up an ad hoc email template for incomplete reviews. For more information, you can read our knowledge base article How to create an ad hoc email.
Tip: We recommend using the "Personal Abstract Reviewer Link" in your ad hoc email so reviewers have an easy way of logging in.
Sending email to reviewers with incomplete reviews
Once the ad hoc email is created, take the steps below to send:
- Go to Abstract > Management > Reviews
- In the 'Review Status' drop-down, select “Incomplete”
- Click "Search"
- If more than 50 results are returned, scroll to the bottom and change the "items per page" to equal to the total amount (click on the number)
- In the 'All/None' column, individually select the incomplete reviews or click “All” to select all incomplete reviews on the page
- Click "Email" in the top left
- Select the email template to send to the reviewers
- Confirm the reviewers and click "Proceed" to send out the email
There are a couple of things that you should be aware of when sending emails to reviewers with incomplete reviews:
- An email will be sent to the reviewer for EACH incomplete review. If a reviewer has multiple incomplete reviews, they will be sent multiple emails.
- After clicking “Email”, you will send the ad hoc email to all within the list view. Therefore, if your search yields more than 50 reviewers, you will need to expand the 'Items per page' in order for your entire search to populate within the list view.