Within an awards event, award types can be created for the purpose of assigning awards to winning entries. Generally award types will match or resemble the award categories.
Creating award types
Event managers can add award types to an event by doing the following:
- Go to Awards > Setup > Award Types
- Click “Add” in the top left
- Enter a description for the award type
- If using sections, choose a section from the dropdown
- Click “Save”
- Repeat steps 2-5 until all award types have been added
Assigning awards to entries
Assigning awards to winning entries generally takes place after all judges have reviewed entries and the winning entries have been identified. Awards are assigned to one category at a time.
To assign awards to winning entries, take the following steps:
- Go to Awards > Management > Award Assignment
- Select an award category from the dropdown to display entries within that category along with scores and review counts
- Identify the winning entry and use the dropdown box on the right hand side to select and assign an award
- Click “Save” when done
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all awards have been assigned
Note: Once awards have been assigned to winning entries, event managers can see which entries received an award from the Awards > Management > Entries page. The award name will appear in the ‘Award’ column.