For image buttons to work with search engine optimisation they must be saved to create actual files rather than remaining as instances on the database.
Note: This can only be achieved using Mozilla Firefox.
Making buttons SEO compatible
- Rollover the pencil and paper icon for your button and select "Edit"
- Right-click the button and select "Save Image As…"
- Name and save the file
- While still in the 'Edit Image Item' page click "Upload Image"
- Browse to search for your file, select it and click "Upload File"
- Click "OK". The actual image file will now be uploaded and renamed in "File Name:"
- If you have a mouse-over button, repeat steps 1- 6 above on this button
- Click "Save"
If you have any scrolling text on your web pages the same steps apply to make them SEO compatible.