Within an abstract event, authors can create and submit abstracts which contain information such as abstract title, main authors, co-authors, uploaded files, and abstract content. After the initial abstract submission process, event managers can allow submitters to upload the final paper to each submission. The uploading of final papers can be done before or after reviews have taken place, but should only be done when no further submissions or submission amendments are expected.
Note: Once “Allow paper uploads” has been enabled, submitters will not be able to create, amend, or delete submissions.
Allowing paper uploads
Event managers should only allow paper uploads once all abstracts have been submitted. When ready to allow submitters to return and submit final papers, take the following steps:
- Go to Abstract > Setup > Settings
- In the ‘Submissions’ panel, check the box to “Allow paper uploads
- Enter a deadline for paper upload
- Click “Save”
Submitters uploading final papers
Once the event manager has allowed file uploads, abstract submitters will need to return to the abstract submission process to upload final papers. Submitters can login using the “Abstract submission login link” on the website or use the “Personal abstract submission link” provided by an event manager. Click to learn more about creating and sending an ad hoc email.
When submitters return to upload final papers, their process will be as follows:
- Submitter logs in via website or personal link
- Submitter clicks “Amend” for the abstract the paper will be uploaded to
- Scroll down the ‘Abstract Submission details’ page and select “Upload…”
- Choose the file on your computer and upload
- Wait for the upload to complete (complete when hyperlinked and the ‘remove’ link appears)
- Click “Proceed” to finalize
- Repeat steps 2-6 for any additional abstracts
Note: Event managers may want to update the “Abstract Submitted” website page to include a link back to the “Abstract submission login” page, especially if the “Abstract Submission” link is not an option in your menu bar.