Event managers using the VCD to deliver virtual content will have the ability to access the admin portal for the VCD once the VCD event has been designed and configured. Within the ‘admin’ area of the VCD portal, event managers have the ability to do the following:
- View statistics for the event
- Engage with attendees by broadcasting messages
- Moderate message boards and content
- Manage the list of attendees
- Manage and upload documents in the content hub
- Customize appearance (icons)
- Build advertising campaigns
- Edit sponsor and exhibitor profiles
Note: For a full list of features and functionality in the VCD, please view our support article “What is the VCD?”.
Accessing the VCD as an event manager
During the initial VCD event configuration stages, it will be determined which event managers should have access to the ‘admin’ area of the VCD. For those with access, event managers visit the ‘admin’ area of the VCD by taking the following steps:
- Visit the standard link for your VCD event
- Amend the URL and add “/admin” at the end
- Visit the URL
Note: If your event uses exhibitors and allows exhibitors to manage their own profile, please read our article titled “How can exhibitors manage their own profile in the VCD?”.
How to test the VCD after making changes
As event managers work in the ‘admin’ area of the VCD, they may want to visit the front end VCD dashboard to test or check their updates. Event managers can quickly open the public VCD by clicking on the event icon in the top left hand corner.
Note: Clicking the icon opens a new window so the ‘admin’ portal of the VCD is still accessible in the original window.