A common reason for editing a discount start date is to allow a recently created discount to apply to existing registrations. By default, a discount can only be applied to registrations which have registered after the discount start date. This is more likely to happen when a discount is created after registrations already exist.
Editing a discount start date
Watch the video below for a demonstration on how to update the discount start date. Written instructions are available below:
- Go to People > Registrations and check the registration date of the attendee you are trying to apply the discount to
- Go to Setup > Finance > Discounts
- Click to "Edit" the discount that is not applying
- In the 'Discount history' section, enter the same discount amount and specify the currency
- Back date the "Start date" for the discount (we recommend using the first date registration opened for your event)
- Click "Save"
- Attempt to re-apply the discount to the registration