When building an email in Eventsforce, you have the option of populating the email with a person's registration data using email tags (or merge tags). By using tags, you can automatically personalize each email using attendee data entered during the registration process.
Adding email tags
- Go to Communications and select the type of email (Invitation, Automatic, or Ad Hoc)
- Click "Edit" next to the email template
- Locate the 'Tag List' section on the left hand side and add tags by single-clicking the tags (the tag will be added where your cursor is placed)
- Edit the rest of the email using the text editor
- Once editing is complete, we strongly recommend you test the email by clicking the "Test" button
- Once you confirm the template is acceptable, click "Save"
Note: You must have at least one registration in the event in order to send a test (to allow email tags to generate content). If testing the invitation email, you must have at least one invitee on your invitation list.
Other articles you may find useful: