Event managers have control over when submitted abstracts can be amended. Abstract amendment can be enabled between specific dates. If allowing amendments, we would recommend having the amendment date expire just before reviews begin.
Enable abstract amendments
- Go to Abstracts > Setup > Settings
- In the 'Submissions' section, select the “Allow abstract amendment” checkbox
- Enter dates into the “From:” and “To:” fields to specify the allowed date range for amendments
- Click "Save"
Note: If you choose to have abstract amendments ongoing while or after reviewers have graded abstracts, you may choose to show the completed reviews to submitters. This can be useful in a multi stage reviewing process. To show reviews to submitters during amendment, select the “Show reviews” setting.
How can submitters amend abstracts?
Submitters can amend their abstract in two ways, via a personal link in an email or by logging in through your website:
- (Recommended) Use the ‘Personal Abstract Submission Link’ provided in an email from Eventsforce or an event manager (no email or password needed)
- Use the ‘Abstract submitter’s login’ link on the website and enter their email address and password
We recommend adding the “Personal Abstract Submission Link” to your abstract confirmation email, along with any ad hoc emails you may send submitters. The personal link has a built in token so the submitter does not need to enter their email or password. The “Personal abstract submission link” can be added to an email by taking the steps below:
- Go to Communications > Ad hoc OR Communications > Automatic
- Click to “Edit” an email
- Use the ‘Link list’ on the left hand side and select “Personal abstract submission link” OR click ‘Insert/edit link’ and choose “Abstracts: Personal Submission” from the ‘Link list’
- Click “Save”
The ‘abstract submission login’ link (usually available on the event website) can be found by going to Website > Settings > Addresses.