When a person registered as part of a group asks to exercise their "right to be forgotten", the manual anonymization of their person record can change the wider group registration and your overall event data.
Anonymizing an attendee in a group
As manual anonymization is not possible on a person that has been changed on the same date, this process can take up to two days to complete.
- As a user, you must have the role function "Anonymize Personal Information" to be able to anonymize a person from the Person Details page.
- Go to People > Registrations and use the "person" icon to select the person to be anonymized. This will take you to the Person Details page.
- Alternatively, if you are on another page with a table of people, you can get to the Person Details page by selecting the "i" icon on the person's row.
- In the top left of the Person Details page, select the button "Anonymize..."
- If this is the correct person select "OK" to complete the anonymization.
When you have completed these steps, the person record of the selected person is anonymized. However, personal information may still be available in the registration's audit trail. This is only deleted when the registration contact for the group are anonymized themselves.
If the person is registered only in past events, selecting "Anonymize..." will anonymize their person record, their history and their communications. If they are also the registration contact the audit trail will be deleted for registrations where they are the registration contact.
If the person is a cancelled attendee in a future event(s), selecting "Anonymize..." will anonymize their person record, their history and their communications.
If the person is a registration contact in future event(s), selecting "Anonymize..." will anonymize their person record, their history, their communications and the audit trail of registrations where they are the registration contact. However, anonymization is only possible when the registration is both cancelled and has the payment status "Paid".