When building an awards event, there are a number of settings that can change the award submission process for submitters. Some of these settings include using sections, requiring payment before entry, and using the category interest screen.
In addition to ‘Award management’ settings, the “Settings” page also contains ‘Judging’ settings.
Award management settings
The combination of award settings used will depend on the requirements of the event manager. As some settings will become “locked” when entries are submitted, Eventsforce recommends testing different configurations in your sandbox account.
See below for a brief explanation of each of the award settings:
- Last Award Submission = the cut off date for creating new award entries. Once this date has passed, no new entries can be submitted.
- Maximum Awards Entry Size = the maximum cumulative total size of all files within an entry. If “3MB” is used as the maximum, submitters can upload 3 individual files at 1MB each (3MB total), or 1 file at 3MB (3MB total).
- Enforce minimum file size = when selected, files uploaded by submitters must be greater than 1kb (helps to prevent empty files).
- File Upload is = choose between “Compulsory”, “Optional”, or “Not Required”. “Compulsory” requires a file upload. “Optional” allows for file upload but is not mandatory. “Not Required” does not show a file upload field.
- Use Sections = enabled sections in the award event. Read “How and when to use award sections” for more information. Cannot be changed once entries have been submitted.
- Allow submitters to enter for the same category more than once = when selected, submitters can submit multiple entries against the same category. If unchecked, submitters can only create one entry per category.
- Hide save button on entry details page = when selected, the “Save and remain on this page” button will not appear on the entry details page. Submitters will only have the option to save and go to the ‘Awards Summary’.
- Allow Deletion of Submitted Entries = controls when submitters can delete submitted entries. Choose between “Not Allowed”, “Until Last Submission Date”, or “Until Judging Start Date”.
- Allow Editing of Submitted Entries = controls when submitters can edit submitted entries. Choose between “Not Allowed”, “Until Last Submission Date”, or “Until Judging Start Date”.
- Use the category interest screen = enables a “category interest” screen where submitters indicate interest in categories before submitting any entries. Read more about the category interest screen in our article “How to use the awards category interest screen”.
- Delay submission emails until 2 hours after last amendment is made = when enabled, submission emails are delayed from sending until 2 hours after last amendment is made. Enabling this setting helps to prevent submitters from receiving a larger amount of emails if many changes are made.
- Show a logout button on the Awards Summary page = when enabled, a “Logout” button is shown in the bottom right of the ‘Awards Summary’ page. If disabled, submitters can log out by closing the window.
- Description for ‘Return to Awards Category Summary Page’ button = customize the button verbiage that appears on the final page of entry submission. The button allows submitters to return to amend or submit more entries.
Event managers can customize and configure the judging process using the settings within the “Judging” panel. Using these settings, event managers can choose when judging is allowed, along with what information is required from judges.
For more information about the judging configurations, please read our article “How to configure award judge settings”.