Eventsforce will not allow questions to be deleted if the question has already been answered by registering attendees, or if the question has dependent questions associated with it.
Within this article, you will learn how to do the following:
- Hide a question which has already been answered by attendees
- Delete a question which has dependent questions/text linked to it
An answered question can still be hidden for all future attendees. A parent question (contains dependent questions) can only be deleted when all dependencies have been removed.
Hiding a question (unable to delete)
If attendees have already answered your question, you can still remove the question by making it "Admin portal only", see below:
- Go to Website > Content > Registration pages
- Click to "Edit" the page which contains your registration question
- Hover over the edit icon and select "Edit"
- Select the "Admin portal only" check box (allows admins to see the question only)
- Click "Save"
Deleting a question with dependent questions or text
When a parent question has dependent questions or text blocks associated with, the question cannot be deleted until all dependencies has been removed. If the parent question was already answered, the question can be hidden rather than deleted. Take the following steps to remove a dependent setting:
- Visit the registration page containing your parent and dependent questions/text
- Hover over the 'Edit' icon for your question or text block
- Within a text block, click on the "Options" to access dependent setting
- Within a question, locate the "Display this item when:" setting
- Remove all dependent settings
- Click "Save"
- The main/parent question can then be deleted