If you are allowing reviews in your abstract event, a crucial step is enabling the review options for your reviewers. Eventsforce offers different review configurations to suit your requirements. Review data can only be collected in two formats:
- Grade (overall or per review criteria)
- Comment (overall or per review criteria)
Below are some common abstract review configurations. Test out different configurations to see which option works best for your event:
- Review criteria with grade and single comment - Allows for grading of each review criteria along with one comment per review
- Review criteria with grade and one comment per criteria - Allows for grading of each review criteria and one comment per criteria
- No review criteria with grade and comment - Does not use review criteria but allows for a single grade and comment per review
- No review criteria with comment only - Does not use review criteria or grades but allows a single comment per review
Tip: We recommend testing different reviewer configurations in a test event or your sandbox account.
Enabling abstract reviews
Once you've determined which review options to use for your event, you can enable abstract reviews by following the steps below:
- Go to Abstracts > Setup > Settings
- Scroll down to the 'Reviews' section
- Select the options accordingly based on your review requirements
- Click "Save"
Tip: Use the other sections in the ‘Reviews’ panel to further customize the reviewer process. For example, you can show abstract author details to reviewers by enabling the setting in the ‘Blinding’ section.
Adding the reviewer login page to your website menu bar
When inviting abstract reviewers, we recommend using the “personal abstract reviewer link” found in the email editor so reviewers are not asked to login. You may also want to add a generic “Reviewer login” page to your website’s menu bar. This will allow reviewers to login directly from your website.
- Go to Website > Content > Website Pages
- Hover over the ‘edit’ icon for your menu block and select “Edit”
- Use the “Add” button in the bottom right
- Enter the page name in the “Text” field (example: Reviewer login)
- Use the ‘Link list’ dropdown and select “Abstracts: Reviews”
- Click “Save”