Event managers may want to login as an attendee (or impersonate an attendee) to get a better understanding of what the end user sees. This can be useful for testing as well as troubleshooting.
Impersonating an individual in Eventsforce
The personal details page for a person in Eventsforce contains “Event Links” which are the personal links for that individual. An event manager can access these links by doing the following:
- Go to the event in which the person exists
- Go to Reports > Quick Search
- Enter the email address of the person
- Check the box to “Search all events”
- Click the “i” icon to open the personal details page (the person icon can also be clicked from the ‘People > Registrations’ page)
- In the ‘Event Links’ section, click on the relevant link (Registration, Amendment, Abstract submission, Abstract review, Award entry, Award judging)
- Clicking the link will log you in as the attendee/submitter/reviewer
Note: The links available in the ‘Event Links’ panel will change based on the type of event (registration, abstracts, awards, etc).