Eventsforce has implemented a new feature that allows for live and/or recorded video links to be added within each session and can be used by attendees on your agenda page to access virtual content.
The links will be accessible on the agenda in the form of icons to view the live session or replay a recorded session. Eventsforce has added restrictions to ensure only attendees who book the session will be able to access the live or recorded video links on the agenda.
Note: The live and recorded video links added to sessions are also available via the Eventsforce API, allowing third parties to retrieve this information.
Adding virtual event content to sessions
By adding video links within sessions, event managers can ensure attendees who book the session can access the videos. Attendees who have not booked the session will not have access to the video links on the agenda.
The URLs for live and/or recorded videos can be added by taking the following steps:
- Go to Setup > Program > Sessions
- Click to ‘edit’ the session which should contain this link
- In the ‘Video Settings’ panel, add the URLs as needed
- Click “Save”
Note: If attendees cannot book the session (“Attendees can book” is not selected), the live and recorded video icons for that session will be available to all registered attendees for the event when viewing the agenda after using the 'personal event link'.
Testing virtual session links
Event managers have the option of testing their live or recorded links at any times by previewing their agenda. Generating a preview will show both 'live' and 'recorded' video icons regardless of session time.
Upon hovering over the icon, event managers can see when the icon will be made available to attendees.
Accessing the session content via the agenda
Attendees should be given the "personal agenda link" or “personal event link” which allows the agenda page to show the sessions booked by the attendee and any available live or recorded video links. Alternatively, the attendee can view the default agenda but must login to access live and recorded video links.
For more information about adding personal links to an email, read our article “How to add personal links to an email”.
Once logged in, live video sessions can be viewed by selecting the “broadcast” icon, while recorded video sessions can be viewed using the “play” icon. Event managers may want to create a new session label called “Virtual” and apply to any session with a live or recorded video, allowing attendees to filter their sessions.
Attendees can also access the live and recorded video links from the ‘session details’ page after clicking on the name of a session.
Note: Event managers may want to add a text block on their agenda page providing information on which session will have video, instructions on how to access live and recorded broadcasts, and when the icons/links will be available
- The “Live” video icon (broadcast icon) will be available to attendees 15 minutes prior to the session start time and 30 minutes after the session end time.
- The “Recorded” video icon (play icon) will be available to attendees 30 minutes after the session end time.
- When using “Username” as the registration reference, attendees must use the ‘personal event link’ to view virtual content for sessions.
- Not supported by "invitation only" events using group registrations.
- Not supported by Multilingual events.
- Clients displaying their event in an iframe should use the "personal agenda link".
- Event managers can change the status of all sessions in bulk to “Draft” to quickly remove access to video links.