Eventsforce provides two ways to create new events within your account:
Eventsforce recommends copying events if the new event will have any of the same registration pages, questions, pricing, communications, or website. Once copied, the event can then be updated as needed.
Before creating an event
If your event will use attendee categories, you may want to change the ‘default’ category prior to creating a new event from scratch. The category marked as ‘default’ will be the ‘default’ category in the new event. Any emails for other categories will be linked to the default category.
To avoid having to unlink emails to remove a category, first check the correct category is set as the default by taking the following steps:
- Go to System Settings > Settings > Attendee Categories
- Select the “Default Category” radio button for the category that should be the default in the new event
Note: Changing the default category will only impact events created going forward, existing events will not be affected.
Creating a new event
Once the default attendee category has been chosen, a new event can be created by taking the following steps:
- Use the “+” in the top left corner
- Select “Event”
- Enter the event details (name, date, time, etc)
- Click “Save”
Note: The ability to create new events in Eventsforce is a user permission which may be restricted to certain user roles. If you do not see “Event” when clicking the “+” icon, you may not have the necessary permissions to create new events.
Duplicating an existing event
Eventsforce offers the ability to create an exact copy of an existing event, copying all settings over to a new event. This can make event setup very quick if copying an event which occurs frequently.
During the duplication process, event managers can choose which areas of the event to copy, and which should not copy. For example, if the new event being created will have completely different pricing and discounts, these area can be excluded from the copy.
- Select the "+" in the top left corner
- Select "Duplicate Event"
- Select the event to duplicate from the dropdown
- Enter a name for the new event
- Specify an event start date (once the start date has passed, the date cannot be changed)
- Select which event items to duplicate
- Click "Duplicate"